Ready to kick the habit and add years to your life and life to your years? We can help.
The Kentucky Employees' Health Plan offers eligible planholders and covered dependents age 18 and over who are participating in an approved smoking or tobacco cessation program (like Freedom From Smoking or the QuitNow Kentucky Program), over-the-counter Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) at no cost. Click
here for the Ready to Quit Tobacco flyer.
Anthem’s Quit Better Together
Through support from Anthem Foundation, the American Lung Association is working with local partners in Kentucky to offer free and low cost quit smoking support. Resources are available over the phone, through local support groups and even online at
Quit Now Kentucky Tobacco Cessation
This phone-based service provides one-on-one help from a trained tobacco cessation counselor. To learn more, call 1.800.QuitNow (1.800.784.8669). If you use a TTY, call 1.888.229.2182.
You can get over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapies at no cost if you meet all of the following requirements. You must be:-
- A member of the Kentucky Employees’ Health Plan (KEHP);
- A tobacco user (planholder and/or dependent), 18 years old or older and listed as a tobacco user on the KEHP health insurance form;
- Attending all regularly scheduled sessions from an approved program to quit tobacco — either the Freedom From Smoking Program or the Quit Now Kentucky program. If you do meet all of the above requirements, follow these steps:
1. Print your voucher and mark the program you have joined.You can also call the KEHP Department of Employee Insurance at 1-888-581-8834 and request a voucher;
2. Get your voucher signed by your program facilitator;
3. Fax your signed voucher to the Department of Employee Insurance (DEI). Fax it to: 1-502-564-5278. The DEI will verify your eligibility and then fax or mail the voucher back to you;
4. Take your signed and approved voucher to your pharmacy. You can use it to pay for your nicotine replacement therapies at no cost, generic patches,lozenges or gum;
5. Save your voucher. Repeat steps one through four every 28 days;.
The American Lung Association has helped over a million people quit smoking through Freedom From Smoking®.Available in small group clinics or online, Freedom From Smoking helps you develop a plan of action leading to quit day and provides the support you need to remain smokefree. Based on current addiction and behavior change models, the program addresses the difficulties of quitting in a sensitive, supportive style and is backed by certified tobacco cessation counselors available in person, over the phone or online chat.
Lung.org/ffs | 1.800.LUNGUSA
This program gives you one-on-one help from a coach so you can design a program that works with your lifestyle and meets your individual needs. The plan will include ways to lower your dependency on smoking and tobacco, how to quit, how to manage withdrawal symptoms and how to deal with cravings.
You can join this program in two ways:
1. Go online to
Go365 Login. Enter your username and password. If you’re new to Go365, select Register Now and follow the prompts. After you complete your health assessment, you can set a goal. Once your goal is set, you can sign up for coaching under Recommended Activities by choosing the enroll in a coaching program link. By setting and completing your goal, you’ll earn Go365 points.
2. Use your Go365 app on your smartphone.
Other helpful online resources you might want to check out:
Find a variety of cessation tips, tools and resources at cdc.gov/tobacco/quit_smoking, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s How to Quit website.
Smokefree.gov, a website dedicated to helping smokers quit.
here for a copy of the voucher for Over-the-counter Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
For more information about these programs and resources to help you stop smoking, call 1.844.402.KEHP, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.